Graphic Designer and Webmaster
Atlanta International School, Atlanta, Georgia, March 2004 to present
- Designed and produced key projects, including publications, promotional materials, and signage. Each project required layout, some writing and photography, arranging printing or manufacture, preparing files for press, and arranging payment.
- Responsible for the school's Web site design, using HTML and CSS, as well as all content updates.
- Managed a budget of approximately $60,000.
- Participated in setting communications strategy for the school with the Communications staff.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Voluntary Interdistrict Choice Corporation, Saint Louis, Missouri, November 2003 to present
- Designed brochures and mailers for the voluntary student transfer program. Created yearly themes, including color scheme, layouts, and typography, aimed at inner-city parents seeking a better education for their children.
Assistant Art Director
Student Design Center, The University of Missouri-Columbia, July 2001 to June 2003
- Managed a staff of 12 student designers. This involved running the office in the creative director's absence, creating and enforcing deadlines, making command decisions, controlling job flow, assisting the creative director in interviewing and hiring, and proofreading.
- Produced logos, posters, newspaper advertisements, brochures, Web sites, and other graphic design projects for the University of Missouri-Columbia. Other positions: Student Designer, October 2000 to July 2001
Vox Magazine, the University of Missouri-Columbia, January 2003 to May 2003
- Worked on concepts, layouts, and executions of department and feature pages. Brainstormed with editors, created photo illustrations, and developed typographic solutions for the weekly entertainment/lifestyle publication.
School of Journalism, the University of Missouri-Columbia, August 2001 to May 2002
- Taught a lab section of 22 students for j336, Strategic Visual Communication. Guided a two-hour lab once a week, teaching design theory as well as Quark, Photoshop and Freehand. Responsible for grading students on projects and participation.
University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, Missouri
Graduated 2003, receiving a bachelor's degree in Journalism with minors in art history and anthropology.
Metro High School, Saint Louis, Missouri
Graduated 1999, second in a class of 51. Metro, in the St. Louis Public School District, is a magnet school with a college preparatory curriculum.
Programs and Skills
Design Software: Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Quark XPress
Computers and Web: Macintosh and Windows platforms, HTML coding, Cascading Style Sheets, Dreamweaver, Flash, Microsoft Office